Hum,

I've never had a SR22 so cannot comment on a comparison. I've got 3 Model 63's (actually I gave one to my teen boy and my teen daughter is getting one of the others)... with that many you can imagine I like the platform a lot, small handy and shoots anything (which is important as we are still in a .22 LR drought here). I can say that the S&W 63 can not hold a candle to my Ruger 22/45's.

I've never been able to shoot the S&W 63's as well as the heavier & bulkier S&W 17... I think primarily due to the weight of the gun. A lot of folks disparage the trigger when comparing it to the 17/617, I tend to agree but it can be tuned up to the point where it is quite fine.

Anytime someone says a .22LR handgun is inaccurate or not very accurate I always wonder, as I've had a couple of guns (Ruger single-six and a Ruger Bearcat for instance) that I thought were dogs until I tried a different round in them just to find they were quite accurate.

Some folks here have suggested a 4 inch barreled S&W Model 17 (or the S&W 18) as a handy revolver (compared to the 6 inch Model 17's I had) that is easier to hit well with.

YMMV

Jerry

edit; Kid, I would tend to think if it wouldn't hold 3 inches at 15 yards with a variety of ammo ... something was amiss with that specific gun.

Last edited by jerrywoodswalker; 05/03/16.

Si vis pacem, para bellum