All the reviews I have heard have been positive. I own a Beeman R-9 in .22 cal, considered the TX200 but $650 for the rifle then add a decent scope was just too much for me. FWIW the Beeman has been an excellent rifle - I shoot a hundred or so rock chucks with it each spring in semi-urban areas where a .22lr would be dangerous. You should be good to go at around 50 yards. I thumped a rock chuck in the head at 65 yards last weekend with my R9 - it shoots about 675fps at the muzzle with 14.3gr Crossman Premiers. Hit that chuck just below the ear, you could see the blood come out and he just laid down flat and never moved again. That was a pretty long shot, most of my shooting is 50yds and under - preferably 25 to 40. Those Crossman hollow points put them right to sleep. Rock Chucks are on the big end of what should be shot with a pellet rifle but with good shot placement it takes them out.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by centershot; 05/09/16.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope