Originally Posted by Fireball2
If it's a dry spring firefighting agencies scream about forest fuel moisture content being lower than normal and it's going to be a hell of a fire season. Be very scared and rely on them to protect us.

If it's a wet spring they scream about increased understory and flash fuel loads higher than normal and it's going to be a hell of a fire season. Be very scared and rely on them to protect us.

If it's a "normal", boring year, fire danger is high due to it normally being that way in summer, you know. Be scared and all that.

Seeing a pattern?

Well its all the truth.

The only thing that lowers it to fun, is constant wet. Which we are lucky to have right now.

But my fuel load is horrible if it dries this summer. Might be the worst fuel load in years at this rate. I have grass in parts of the pasture thats thigh deep. And not on a midget.

I get to fight the damn things so I agree. Its often very tough.

The prognosis is not incorrect even though it seems funny to you. And until you've had fire chase you and crown over your head... well it ain't funny. Even though I"ll end with LOL.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....