Recently sold mine due to retirement/pending move to western USA. Bought it about seven years ago and shot several deer with it as I was involved in deer culling. Since it's a 110 action it acts/handles like a rifle. I used the (then) recommended Federal ammunition.

Mounted a 3-9 Leupold on it and got a 1.5" 3-shot groups at 100 yards on my first range outing with it. After that it was check POI prior to the season and go whack deer with it. Under proper circumstances I felt it capable out to 150 yards (key word "proper" as I'm very cautious about shooting any big game at distance).

Most of the deer I shot were around 60 yards and the sabot projectile passed completely through.

Only thing you have to be mindful of is ejection; run the bolt crisply! All the way up on the bolt and all the way back like you mean it. You are expelling a length of plastic and there is not a lot of room for error.

I can't think of a better overall shotgun slug platform than the 220. Perhaps the Browning A-Bolt 12 gauge but I don't have any experience with those. The 220 is accurate, handles/feels like a rifle, and packs plenty of wallop for deer.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand at the ready to do violence on their behalf.