So, the stock on my 6.5 Creedmoor Howa 1500 "Lightning" weighed dead-on 39 ounces! It's too fat for my tastes - it's a club.

Shaved the stock down pretty drastically this morning, and with a flip-flop pad it'll be sitting at about 31 ounces. Guessing fully-finished it'll be an ounce or so either way, maybe a couple less... Once presentable I'll show it.

Still looking like over 9lbs all-up with the SWFA 6X. Guess I'll throw on some aluminum rings. Not wanting to cut the 22" barrel and not sure where else I can loose ounces for free, although I know where I can loose some pounds LOL. All in all I think not being so dammed cheap and saving up for the Kimber Hunter would have been a better idea for a sporter 6.5 Creedmoor... And still liking that 24" Vanguard...

For comparison the Minis were 36oz to start and went to 27oz without taking nearly as much from the butt AND retaining the original pad... We'll see.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?