Originally Posted by BobinNH
My experience with Kimber has been when they shoot they shoot really well. The stock shaping (both wood and synthetic) mack them the best looking commercial rifles in the price range. No question

When they don't shoot they need fixing which is generally a PITA,and even when I know what to do, I don't feel like putting the time effort and /or money into the fix, because as cute and innovative as I think they are, I still don't love them despite the light weight.

I say this after maybe a dozen of them in various calibers. Plus, I am a tall guy and the short action rifles seem short coupled to me, handle funny and feel awkward. But lots of people like them and this is definitely a personal choice thing.

I should say there really isn't a single new rifle in the $800-$1200 range I'd pay two cents for today so I'm not singling Kimber out for any criticism. JMO.

Gimme a pre 64 or Classic M70, or old school Rem 700...with todays components I can build a rifle under 7 pounds if I want, that shoots and always works,and will last 30+ years and through 3-4 barrel changes before I get sick of it.

Heres the last thing I tossed together, and beats a Kimber everywhere but weight,shoots better than its owner, does not need to be returned for warranty and was not bedded by a slave action and some guy who doesn't care about customer service. It was built by guys who GIS. That means I don't have to chase my tail and ask for solutions on the CF. smile

It cost more money but so what? Nothing good ever comes cheap.

[Linked Image]

But it's built on a Remington M700 action. You can put as much lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.