Originally Posted by Kaleb
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog
Looks great, MtnBoomer.

FYI to folks wanting less weight, Brownells (and maybe others) sell Howa 1500 barreled actions chambered in the Creed with a No. 1 20" barrel. That combined with an Edge stock might help.

I looked and unless you get some discount at Brownells it's 100 bucks cheaper to buy the whole rifle from whittackers if they have what you want.

The real benefit would be the lighter profile barrel, seems always at a cost... Since this Creedmoor will not be an extreme long range rig, I am toying with chopping the barrel but it'd be mighty easy to just leave it. Compared to other sub-$350 rifles I gotta say it seems built for the long-haul.

Update - especially for those on the edge of their seats LOL. Got it painted this morning. A medium blend green (lighter than OD), with black, beige and gray Flectone. Also, was pleasantly surprised to rid the combo of 4.3 more ounces by switching out the Smith Enterprise steel rings (over 7oz) with some Buckeye aluminum/titanium units (under 3oz). Of course a plethora of pics will follow... grin

Thanks EZ. I had considered that move and just about went that way... What action is that in your pic? This one will never get that light. That's ok though...

Originally Posted by EZEARL
Looking good,MB.

If you'd like to lose a bit weight more you could cut the fore end back to the web
behind the swivel stud,round it off,and add a bbl band.

Here's one I did that way. 17.5" bbl @6lb 2oz
[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?