Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

. . . and if I wanted to hunt Colorado as a NR:

Moose = $2,084
Mtn Goat = $2,084
Rocky Bighorn Sheep = $2,084
Desert Bighhorn = $1,389

So, exactly why are you here bitchin'?

That isn't exactly the same thing. Those species are in very low numbers and it takes numerous years to acquire the enough preference points to even think of applying.

Some of what AKFG did was to placate the residents who have complained bitterly over the years about the numbers of NR's who come up and hunt Dall Sheep.
Even when doubled the lic/tag is a small percentage of the total cost.
Its a "pay to play" system.

Doubling the cost of a sheep tag won't slow a NR down in the least. You hit it on the head, its minor in the scheme of a guided hunt..... my buddy did a bit of helping on some hunts and the folks he was helping then only charged him 10K to shoot a sheep. Compared to other costs it was a good deal. But 10,000 for a hunt and more, even an extra 1000 for a tag won't make a difference.

Even with Carolyn and I hunting on the cheap, partner airfair, borrow a truck, pay for fuel to drive to an area and ATV fuel, the tag increases simply mean we won't buy as many trinkets to take home, and may as well not as we'll be living there in a few years anyway and home will be there not here...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....