Had a talk about this with my doc once... His theory is that people who start life in a "farm style" environment grow up with fewer allergies in later life. Those who grow up in environments that are too sterile tend to have more.

He and I both spent our early years in an urban environment, and then moved to farms when we were about 5. Both of us have abundant allergies and food reactions, which are now controlled.

Gluten is the protein component in wheat. It's part of why bread hangs together. There are a lot of gluten intolerant people, but, as stated, it has become a fad. People are eating gluten free because they think it will make them more healthy. As far as I know, that's a waste of time unless you are one of the unfortunate few.

I reacted to the coumarin in wheat, until I got treated for it. Coumarin is the chemical that grasses use to protect themselves against mold. Thanks to decades of selective breeding, our wheat is much more resistant to mold, because of a 1000X increase in the amount of coumarin it has. Cows concentrate coumarin in their milk, but goats have an enzyme that breaks it down.

Be not weary in well doing.