I'm of the opinion that for deer, any 95-100gr bullet will work fine. Of course, the lighter Partitions and Barnes will do as well. They're all designed to shoot deer out of a .243. As a kid, I took deer and javelina with the old Federal red box Hi-Shoks. I never really tried for shoulder shots with the load or any hard angles. I did hit a javelina square in the neck once. I was 15 and it was 250 yards out at a very slow trot, and broadside, the lungs and neck run pretty much in a straight line and are right next to each other. The bullet did come apart on that neck, which is pretty solid on those little stinkers, but that animal dropped right there. Also, I took a mule deer angling toward me at about 60 yards. The bullet missed the point of the shoulder, but took out the heart, then traveled through the length of the deer and exited just in front of the opposite hind quarter. The hole coming out was about the size of a nickel. So, even with a close shot, that tells me it expanded well, but held together too. The deer staggered, ran for about 40 yards, then piled up.