So here's what's happening. I loaded three cartridges in the magazine, seating them firmly to the back, and closed the bolt on an empty chamber. I tipped the muzzle forward, then slowly opened the bolt. The cartridge resting on the left side of the follower (with the muzzle facing away), which would have been the second from the very bottom of the magazine, had slid forward to the front of the magazine box. I cycled the action to eject a cartridge and once again closed the bolt on an empty chamber, leaving two cartridges in the magazine. I tipped the muzzle down then again slowly opened the bolt. This time it was the cartridge resting on the right side of the follower that slid forward. I assume that the friction of the bolt held the top cartridge in place each time. So, in effect, the only two cartridges sliding are the two that are resting on the follower itself. The only thing I have done to that rifle is put Dyna-Tech Gun Shield on the exposed metal. I can't imagine it has made the follower so slick that it won't grip a cartridge.

Any thoughts?

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown