[Linked Image]

Ready and I just wrapped-up our 6th hunt together. (Well, I'm trying to wrap it up - I'm stuck in Paris for a bit, courtesy of Delta.) We met for the first time on a mountain in Alaska in 2011, and found the company agreeable enough to have hunted together 5 times since. I had been to Germany twice, and he to the 24HCF hog hunts twice. We both longed for the mountains again, and Ready suggested an elk hunt in the Rockies. I nonchalantly mentioned that he had mountains on his side of the pond, too. And voilà, you saw his response in the other thread. The guy doesn't mess around.

Case in point - Ready fetched me at the airport, and whisked me not to our hunting area, but to some small burgh called Absam, Austria. I mean, why not take a guided tour of an alpha glass manufacturer?

[Linked Image]

Yes, Ready knows EVERYBODY, and has endeared himself to most. The factory made every workplace on the planet look like a craphole. It was more like a spa retreat from which world class optics just happen to ship daily. The company cafeteria space was more elegant than any restaurant I've been in for the last 4 months. And it's located at the foot of a mountain that leaves one speechless.

From there, we proceeded toward the next day's appointments, stopping to nosh in a beautiful village (they're all beautiful) called Vomp. (My pronunciation is poor, but I think it's like the sound your car makes when it hits a possum.)

[Linked Image]

I went through a lot of ibuprofen on this trip, what with my jaw smacking the ground at every view I saw. The alps are just friggin' breathtaking, and it never got old.

[Linked Image]

Ready & I will be updating this as we go along. Our photos are spread across 2 phones and several camera memory cards, so we'll refresh things as time and technology allow.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC