Some of you may recall that I got a Nova Scotia Duck Toller pup late last year. Well I ended up sending him off for a couple months of hunt and obedience training and got him back last month. During that time he flushed and retrieved chukars, flushed pheasants, got his water retrieves down and got really into birds. It was a pretty proud moment last Saturday when I took him for a walk in the woods and he flushed up 4 ruffed grouse right off the hop. He then continued to work the bushes in the area and put up another 6. Unfortunately, the season isn't open here yet but he is looking promising for upland birds. He loves jumping into the lake to go retrieve a dummy as well so I'm hoping ducks are equally successful.

Here's a picture of him at 7 months old. A little scruffy after swimming in sloughs and running through the bush.

[Linked Image]

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke