Any bullet works under certain conditions, and even the original Nosler Ballistic Tips worked well at 50 yards from high-speed rifles in big animals.....sometimes. In the same way, hard copper hollow points work well adequately at slow impacts.... sometimes. And, while it's 'working well' that we obviously want, it's the other kind of performance that is concerning and the disqualifier. I have recovered identical bullets from the same rifle at the same distance in the same animal and had two very different bullet results in essentially the same conditions. The Partition was one of the early methods which successfully resolved the problem of consistency. Hard, monolithic bullets have shared the same problems of inconsistency, if not the same failures when they do. The last photo I posted was the first part of a 'close/far' test I set up a few years ago. Unfortunately the 'far' part of the test was only partially successful, so I did not get the spectrum of comparative results I wanted. And I never got back to completing it.

The TTSX has worked the few times I've used it, but a few times doesn't really tell much. It does seem like a step in the right direction however and I expect the untipped versions will largely be phased out eventually in their favor.I would not be surprised if the TTSX is to the TSX as the Partition was to ordinary cup and cores.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.