Never been the salesman type myself but many years ago as a side job for a little extra cash I did get involved in selling what I truly believed to be a much needed and important product that every home should have.

About a week into it a half dozen of us 'new recruits' were taken to the home of our regional sales manager for a mandatory sales meeting/motivational pep rally.

The regional manager, to our surprise, was a very young man, in his mid 20s at most, with a lovely young wife and a couple of very small kids. He and wife were wearing expensive, tasteful clothes, jewelry, watches, rings.

They lived in a beautiful, tastefully furnished, spacious executive home in an exclusive upscale neighborhood, w/high dollar 'his & her's' luxury vehicles parked in their driveway --all attributed to sale of our product.

The very picture of quick and easy financial success.

Unfortunately, after a few more weeks passed I found out it was all fake from the ground up as well as a pyrimid type sales scheme.

The whole regional sales manager thing was staged.

Neither the house nor furniture nor vehicles were really theirs.

All were short term rentals (don't know about the wife and kids) meant to impress, inspire and motivate new recruits into believing that that could easily be them if they sold more product and recruited more sales people to sell more product.