I look at this site daily, usually several times, but have never posted anything. I am looking for some good, reliable 8x binoculars that are good in low light situations. I know that the best thing to do is to go and look through them and compare for yourself, but the selections locally are very limited. I have been doing research online for weeks. I have come across several good recommendations based on those reviews but can't reach a final decision. I have around $900 set aside for these, but would really like to stay at $500 or less. Before anyone suggests that I save a little more for "alpha" glass, let me say this. I bought some Swarovski 8x42 SLC's last summer. This was suppose to be my ultimate, and last binocular purchase. I know this doesn't sound right, but I didn't care for them and was really disappointed in them, especially in low light situations. I don't know if I was expecting too much, or if my 62 year old eyes just couldn't appreciate good glass. I wound up trading them for some 8x32 Nikon L LX Premiums that I liked better. Now I've sold those and looking again. Here are some models that I am considering: Meopta Meopro HD (used), Leupold BX-3 Pro Guide, Athlon Midas ED, Celestron Granite or Trailsekkers, and Bushnell Legend M. The only ones of these I have been able to look through are the Leupolds, and they were 10x42. I definitely want 8X, as I can't hold 10 x steady anymore. Can any of you optics experts steer me in the right direction? Or, suggest a better option than the ones I've listed? Sorry for the long winded first post, and thanks in advance for your assistance.