Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
True, most of the arguments on 24hcf are composed of "my opinion is better than your opinion."

Seems like most responders here gave their opinion and then walked away. A few didn't and are arguing opinions.

So here's a little secret of human nature. A man who is secure is his position will state it and walk away. The more insecure someone is about their position or beliefs the more vehemently they will argue to defend that position. Those in the middle of an argument will deny this to Kingdom come, but folks don't argue to convince the other person as much as they argue to try to convince themselves.

He said, after stating his opinion and walking away... wink

^^^ +1

Though sometimes I may fall into the insecure crowd. To me it's like arguing politics or the benefits of cannabis (which acquaintances like to bring up).

I like my old Remington's, my old Winchester's, Springfield's and my M1 Garand.

Accuracy is important but not all-important. The rifle I dislike the most is my 783. If accuracy was everything, I'd like it. But that is about all I like about it. The Mauser 98's and Springfield's are hard to beat for smooth functioning and for reloading etc. If it were just for accuracy they would still be OK, but they would not be the best.

I dislike almost all factory plastic stocks, though I've added Kevlar stocks to a few rifles.

The only triggers I really do not like are the ones with a second metallic piece hanging down to 'set' the trigger (such as the 783, the American and the Savage rifles)

Oh yes, I like my wife's left handed wooden stocked Tikka.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally