The worst I can recall of mine was a cheap 22 western style pistol made in Italy. The barrel was loose so it would shoot all over the place. I pulled the barrel pin then took a pair of vice grips and twisted the barrel tight then forced the barrel pin back in. Looked funny with the front sight leaning at a 20 degree angle to the right. but at least the groups got smaller. Just had to guess where the front sight should be when shooting. Sure surprised a couple old fart road hunters when the saw me shoot a blue grouse out of the top of a tree with it. They asked me where I shot it and I replied in the head before I looked at it and one of them picked it up and looked at it and said that was some mighty fine shooting. They wanted to see what type of pistol I was shooting so I handed it to one of them and he held it up to aim it and his eyes got as big as silver dollars. He shook his head, handed me my pistol then got back in the truck and drove of without saying a word. Me and my partner about died laughing.