Update on my experience with my 850. I spent 9 days in Colorado for the 2nd season and used it every day in several different lighting levels.
My bull is a good example of how well it worked. I first spotted him at a distance and pulled out the 850. I was able to range him at 667.3 yards. I had already scoped out two benches below me that looked to be where he was headed. One at a whopping 33.7 yards and the other at 334.2 yards. This all prior to sunrise but during legal shooting hours.
I had ranged the opposite side of the canyon at 774 yards and various ponderosa pines out to the low 700's.
One day in bright sunshine, we spotted two mulie bucks and two of the guys had guestimated the range at 300 and 250 respectively. The 850 put it to rest with a measurement on the animals at 335 yards.
I played with it on one stand during mid-day and was able to range a clump of oak brush at 840 and an oilfield truck at 825.
It did seem that game animals beyond about 500-550 were more difficult to range in bright light conditions. At low-light I could hit them out to about 750 or so.

Support your local Friends of NRA - supporting Youth Shooting Sports for more than 20 years.

Neither guns nor Liberals have a brain.

Whatever you do, Pay it Forward. - Kids are the future of the hunting and shooting world.