Originally Posted by CanadianLefty
Originally Posted by John_Gregori
I finally used up my supply of old factory Federal "High Energy" 140 gr. TBBCs that chrono'ed 3,078-3,102 fps in my 24" model 70. I've had great success with these on all kinds of big game.

Would you have any suggestions on how to replicate 3,100-ish fps with Northfork 140gr or 140gr TSX? If so, what velocities, bullet, which powders?

I've tried H4350 up to 54.0 gr with the TSX but only get around 2955fps; with no obvious signs of pressure. This is the max listed in the Barnes reloading manual. Barnes is able to get 3,030fps.

You might want to ask Mule Deer about this. I think there's talk of Alliant 26 powder for 150 gr. bullets that get up to 3100 FPS. . If so, you might be able to get 3200 FPS with 140 gr. bullets.

BTW, I think NorthFork discontinued their 140 gr bullets so only Nosler 140 gr. Partitions and some select others might offer them.

did you happen to notice this is a 2 year old thread?

I am sure everyone forgot it ever existed...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez