I think that they shoot good and are a great value at $330, but I HATE the Hogue stocks. I restocked mine with a Vanguard2 stock that I took off another 6.5 Creedmoor that I had bedded in a McM McM Hunter.

I think that in the sub-$400 market, the Howa 1500s and RAR-Predators are equally good shooters and equally poor in other areas. I don't like the Hogue stock on the Howa and I don't like detachable magazines on bolt guns. If you're looking for a rifle to use "as is", I would prefer the RAR-Predator over the Howa 1500.

That said, I'm really particular about having my rifle stocks fit me and for the whole package to have neutral, or close to neutral, balance. Most people aren't as particular about their rifles stocks and would probably not feel as strongly about them as I do. I have also restocked some of my RAR-Predators with laminated stocks from Boyds in their Heritage style. Another thing to consider when reading what I write here is that I am a tinkerer and can't resist modifying rifles that are intended for shooting, rather than collecting, to meet my specific likes.