Originally Posted by JonS
Thanks Smoke, trying to figure out what bullets to try for late season longer range elk. Maybe using the .308 and 155 or the 300 win and the 155 scenar, the 165 barnes vortex or the 180 partition for a big healthy cow.
Rost, feel free to share your thoughts, in a pm or elsewhere, I'm all for good humor, ribbing, learning, etc.
Thanks,
Jon

Speed vs jacket.... and not to mention 300 means you are shooting long shots, where wind is around, and which means to me personally heavy and higher BC than what 155/168ish offers.

Nope, never shot them.

Have shot 150 ballistic tips out of 300wtby mag. Way to fragile.
Have shot 150 barnes out of same... not as fragile but lots of bloodshot meat and hair blown off which isn't what I was after... FWWI I was given the ammo to try from my BIL, and I kind of knew what would happen, he prefers bang flops and lots of damage and wasted meat....

180 would be the lightest I'd ever run... more like 200 plus these days. run 185 bergers in my 308... they work well at that speed, would not want to push them harder from what I've seen, for my tastes.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....