I'm the last guy you should ask about stock fit. In my youth, I was too small -- the "fit" of an adult's stock was more of a convulsion than a fit. I learned early to live with (and adapt to) any stock that I put to my shoulder. In more recent years, I'm no longer too small -- more likely too tall -- for the stocks on hunt sponsors' factory rifles and shotguns. So I still just adapt to whatever stock I get.
<br>
<br>What you see through your scope is (I suspect) parallax that makes it seem that your scope is out of line with your muzzle. You'll get a better "read" on bore-and-scope alignment by bore-sighting with either an optical bore-sighter* or by the simple means of
<br>(a) parking the rifle very solidly,
<br>(b) removing the bolt,
<br>(c) inserting a fired, deprimed case in the chamber,
<br>(d) sighting through the primer vent,
<br>(e) centering the bullseye in the muzzle, and
<br>(f) adjusting the scope reticle to the center of the bullseye.
<br>
<br>Don't be surprised to find that your reticle wanders all over the target as you "zoom" your scope from its lowest to its highest magnification and back -- one chief reason that I don't like or trust variables, some of which I've found to vary their "zero" as much as a foot or two at a hundred yards, with shifts in magnification.
<br>
<br>*Mine are from Redfield and Bushnell -- no longer available new, I imagine. I'm told that the new Leupold bore-sighter is a ring-tailed hummer, but I haven't even seen one yet.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.