I have my grandfathers old model 94 30-30 that he gave me as my first rifle in the mid 80's and it is in need of some attention. It looks almost like it did when he gave it to me.... like you drug it down a gravel road for a few miles behind a truck. And he wasnt one to miss many ruff spots in the road! Lol. It was simply a tool; nothing more and nothing less. It is functional but is ratty. The bluing is gone, the finish is almost totally peeled off stocks, and it will rust if you look at it. It shoots well enough for its intended purpose... still hunting the pine thickets of the Deep South and/or tracking. It's a post '64 without much real value other than its special to me. My question is this:

Has anyone cerakoted a lever gun? How did it turn out? Would you do it again?

I have a friend that has cerakoted (may not be exactly cerakoted but something very similar) a couple of shotguns for me that turned out great and have held up really well. I was thinking of sending it to the gunsmith and having the action stripped and cleaned and replace anything worn. Also have him add a 1/2" decelerator pad without changing length of pull. It already wears a Williams peep so that is covered. Then have the barreled action coated od green and stocks coated black. What's this sound like? Good idea or bad? I'll never sale it; just trying to make it a little more functional and weather resistant. Or should I just hunt the rust bucket? Any and all thoughts welcome.