I got the LH Beretta A400 Extreme. 70% reduction in recoil is nice. Very nice. It cycles extremely fast and I don't get any of that annoying jamming of my finger from the trigger guard like I did with my SBEII.

As for 3' or 3 1/2", I shoot both. I usually get a case of 3" #2s for duck season - the Fiocchis have been patterning well for me. I burn about half that for late season ducks and geese with 3 1/2" shells which gives me a few more pellets on target a little faster. I still use 3 1/2" turkey loads, but with the 70% recoil reduction both goose & turkey loads are no big deal in recoil anymore.

To the OP- After shopping around I found my A400 for a little less than what you paid. My Beretta A390 has been a solid shooter for a couple of decades now. Never a hang up and will shoot dirty, clean, and in-between. I have a good feeling that this current model will perform the same way.

valad - My SBEII would shoot any size round. Only issue I had was on a batch of questionable reloads. I ran a factory box through it right after and it performed flawlessly. I could take it from the skeet field to the goose field with confidence.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin