Originally Posted by benchman
My opinion is the same as yours. I'm kinda put off by the whole "bass tournament" inspired trophy hunting. Any deer is a good deer, in my book. Nice to get a big one, but good to just get one . Pa. is a good example. Used to be, the average guy could just go out and shoot a deer. I do not like, or agree with, the antler restrictions. Joe Average has 2 or 3 days to hunt rifle season, and he should at least see something legal. Pa. has really shot themselves in the foot, regarding deer hunting. They got rid of a lot of their deer. Used to be THE deer hunting state. Not anymore. I've shot a few deer over 130, but I'm a meat hunter, and you don't eat antlers. Fun to chase a big one. I'll admit that...

I agree with this, 100%.

Furthermore, I am against states instituting antler restrictions. If you have your own private ranch, or property, and wish to practice QDM, I'm all for it. However, I do not believe your values should be placed on the public, as a whole. This is, after all, America.

Many, if not most, "average Joes" only get to hunt weekends, and only hunt public lands where any buck, is a good buck.
Personally, I like to shoot a bigger buck- but that is a personal decision.

As the season winds down though, if my tag hasn't been filled, I have no shame in harvesting a smaller buck(on the hunting shows they refer to them as "cull bucks").

Here's my 2016 130"(may be a lil' bigger) class buck-

[Linked Image]