What I enjoy is working with people on projects that they are passionate about. Cars happen to be my thing, performing restorations for people is how I get that fun involvement in peoples hopes and dreams.

Nobody is excited to work with a collision shop on a fender bender or a deer hit. They didn't plan that chit, they didn't want it to happen and they are burdened by at least a deductible amount, plus you have their daily driver, they want it back. Same with general auto repair, nobody is excited about going to see the mechanic for a slipping transmission or a check engine light.

But people do like to talk to me about "Tri power or EFI? What do you think?" or "Should I do the disc brake conversion now or should we focus on the body and paint, basic mechanicals and maybe do disc brakes next year?"

I'm like a fugging wedding planner, for gear heads!

That's the fun part.

Gutting these cars, cutting, welding, grinding, blocking.... That stuff isn't necessarily fun but it's appreciated by the customers.

It's not a bad gig.

But I need to get a couple long term gear head employees to train to do the more technical side of these jobs. The metal work, body work, the paint and finishing.

I'd like to be freed up to hunt for projects, plan builds, orchestrate the work within the shop.

That's what I'm working towards.

Something clever here.