Alberta Bears are often quite large. Some are exceptional, when I worked in the management program we often shared resources between the Canadian provinces tree farms and the ones in the states. Much of my early wildlife management years were spent with the Canadian guys.

With bait hunting it's a perfect archery opportunity. Also BC has a high percentage of black, while Alberta is the opposite and probably has more brown, reddish and cinnamon colored bears than anyplace in the world.

With a spot and stalk hunt you will likely be with a guide the whole time so his advice could be ( will be) priceless. While in a stand over bait you will be on your own to hunt the bear and judge everything for yourself.

This may be a determining factor for you. Also the guided spot and stalk hunting in BC will likely be twice the cost of an Alberta baited hunt. In most places you can shoot two bears in Alberta as well.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)