Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by JoeBob
The 7-08 is the absolute perfect cartridge for deer. ......

In the wake of easily duplicated ballistics from many other offerings, these statements of perfection above all others, are amusing and not to be taken seriously. smile

The 7/08 is nothing more than a picket in a fence of cartridge performance. That's all.

Nevertheless, it is dead solid perfect in the middle of that picket fence regardless of what any snarky Yankee might say about it.

You considered that snarky? sleep
What a joke.

Anyway, I like the 7mm-08 more than a little, but somehow get by with a bunch of different choices. All used in the same covers. .223AI, .22-250, 7mm-08, .280AI, .300Sav, .338Fed, .30-06, .300WM.

And could have made others work just as well.

The perfect Deer rifle is akin to the perfect women. Or man if you happen to be a huntress.

Wait, you said absolute perfect. Is it absolute with 120's, 140's, 150's, 175's?

Am I being snarky?

You consider "snarky" to be pejorative enough to warrant much reaction? But then again, you are clearly a godless Yankee. I had to choose the "most" perfect bullet of all of the otherwise perfect bullets in the bestest little whitetail cartridge on earth, I'm most partial to the 154 grain Interlock, which is of course, a purely handloading affair. That said, there are no flies on the 139 grain pill.