I wouldn't want ro be confined to using 6x30's for everything, but their tremondous field of view, depth of focus, easy of use (particularly in unsteady conditions), image brightness and compact size make them a favorite. The only really good pair I've ever used are the Vortex Viper HD 6x32's. I've noticed a few folks comment that they would like to get a pair of the Vortex's, sadly they have been discontinued (there's probably still some old stock available somewhere).

A few days ago I was looking at 8x30's (always trying to find a pair with decent eye relief - almost impossible!) and I went back to the Maven site. I had previously purchased a pair of the Maven 8x30's and was really impressed with the glass, but found the eye relief too short at 15.1 mm. This trip to Maven's site I noticed they had added a 6x30 model:

http://mavenbuilt.com/binoculars/

The 6x30 Maven B3's also have a generous 18.3mm of eye relief, and are still priced at $500. If I had known these were available I likely would have purchased instead of the Viper HD's (I am still very happy with the Viper HD's.)

Just a heads up for those looking for a 6x30 Roof Prism - As far as I know, the Maven's are the only current model available.

David