DD: Bill died a year or two ago now.

Not sure if he shared his process with many people other than Joe Abrams of Grizzly Bullets. While his bonding and bullets were unique for the day, I'm pretty certain the technology has caught up to what Bill was doing,even if the newer bullets are not precisely the same the results are close enough that no one is deprived if they want Bitterroot performance. Like I said, Bill told me that the bullet closest to his BBC was the Aframe. This is what he told me a few years before he died and after he had stopped making bullets.

The only thing I am uncertain about is whether the newer ones can withstand the high velocity Bitterroots were known for. But you take something like the current TBBC with a solid shank and bonded front section, I see no reason why that bullet would not be as good as anything. Only problem is they aren't available for hand loaders.

So probably best to leave the BBC where it was as a step in bullet evolution, a unique high velocity bonded bullet that did things others didn't.,and set a standard followed by others. In that regard it belongs with the Partition.

If you have some, use them.

And if you do, you don't need anything else.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.