Doc wanted to do the same surgery on me.My acid level was 5 times that of normal. There are too many negatives to that procedure.I declined. My Primary doctor advised against it and he suffers the same problems.Besides the problems listed above, they can't do a second surgery.They don't know until they open you up if they can go up under the ribs or have to go thru thru the ribs and it is not recomended for seniors. Success rates run about 75%, so it might not help your problem and the GERD might come back in two years or so.

I take a 40 mg Protonix in the AM and one in the PM. I take a Zantac 30 minutes before my evening meal. All generic.I also use a lot of Tums,but buy the generic at Costco.Two big bottles for $7 or so. Sleep on your left side and elevate your bed.

Give up, alcohol, caffein, a lot of spicy foods, chocolate, and add little bit of baking soda to any spaghetti sauce or similar sauce.

GERD also causes coughing and the urge to clear your throat all the time.Cheap cough syrup will help that.

Last edited by saddlesore; 12/28/16.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles