Ok I wanted more snow and we got it

Up plowing at 7 yesterday, sprout got stuck trying to get out of driveway where state had filled it in as they cleared roads

Got him out contd to plow

And then I lost the tranny mad

Well at least any forward gears. Tried backing up hill but with no chains on back and only one plow pass to negotiate stuck it hard in the ditch

So now our driveway is impassable

Ok let's pull this bewitched bastid out, broke a plow bracket doing so

Ok other son came with his boss's plow truck and made us a narrow pass where A: bit too far off to left and you're rolling over downhill or B: you get to swap paint with the plow truck

Or C : you just squeak thru and wonder why folks retire to Florida

Well I'm running late 4 work now grab a bag with some town clothes head to work and get there 3 mins after we're sposed to open

4 of 7 people actually made it to work

Spend 10 hours there head home change clothes grab chains outa the connex only to find I've 1 new chain, and two that need repaired, fix the prettiest of the ugly sisters, chain up attach the plow and we're off to the races

Only threw a chain once. Of course it was while I was pushing berms so I'm stuck

Sprout comes to pull me out and damn near gets stuck himself

But by god he got me out and found my chain, for whatever reason it didn't wrap around the axle this time but was thrown clear,
Did I mention I love that kid?

hook it up to tire resume plowing and at mid nite decided to call it a day and get something to eat

Had a hot dog and a whiskey and slept like a baby.

Wind is howling. I see a shovel that was leaned up against the garage about 15 feet out in driveway, wind chimes sound like a marching band

And YES Virginia I still love Alaska

Gotta head to work now, would appreciate you boys keeping your fingers crossed that we don't lose power due to trees blowing down

Looking forward to having some daylight to work with tomorrow.

Happy New Year everyone

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.