Guys,It's been a long time that I have been on a Guided Hunt.. I have been on 10/15 guided waterfowl hunts.. This was my 1st hog hunt.. What a huge disappointment !!

We get to the lodge and the 1st of many guides/drivers met us and start start talking.. As soon as I ask him about our prospects I can see there was something wrong.. Being a waterfowl nut I know that look/feeling. You have birds or you don't.. Birds go north and sometimes you get stalled migrations or fly overs ETC.. It's up to them.. We all know this if not we learn real fast. I think with animals that never make that 1000 mile journey it's totally different.. You can control them somewhat..

In the passed I would get a guide and you stick with him.. He was your new best friend.. I love to help the guides do guide stuff.. Loading boats setting out decoys PICKING up decoys and just experience all aspects of the hunt other then pulling a trigger.. To be honest the guides in the passed appreciated the extra hand.. Here it was a different person on every move.. And someone forgot to pick us up one night.. 1 hour and 15min after dark the truck showed up..

I am not a good writer it's hard to put into words how you feel when you are the one being baited.. From one of the owner's son's a 20 something a smart mouth dick to no bait or bait,10lbs, put out a few hours before.. The food was not anything like what was promised..
On their website it reads "Executive Plantation Lodge - 3,000 Square Foot, 5 Star Accommodations & Gourmet Meals. "... In reality it was Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes,pork chops, dark meat chicken... Floors that had grit on them.. Bugs in the drawers and on the stove.. Grit on top of the bed, We slept in our clothes on top of the bed using our coats as blankets..

It was not just us that was disappointed it was guys that we did not know.. We all fell for their slick advertising.. You can tell these guys hunt big deer regular and pay the bucks to do it.. Some left early others like us stuck it out.. You can tell these are guys that don't look for something to complain about..It was terrible experience.. I got more stories about this week then enough..

Boy they saw us coming a mile away... Careful Guys...

Anyone have any recommendations about a Hog hunt in North/South Carolina ??

John
=
Waterfowler at hart along with my late Baydog 9/26/20 ..
=
=
Striving to be turdlike.