I have (2) Pelpro PP130 pellet stoves. I paid $1052 shipped for each of them through Tractor Supply on line after negotiating some discounts. I looked at everything from $800 to $4K when I bought my first one last fall.

I have friends/family who own Quadrafire and Harmon and they are happy with them. If money isn't a serious concern they may be a solid bet. I chose the Pelpro based on price, features, and heating ability.

I have 2100 sq. ft. on one level. The stove sits toward the far 1/3 end of the house. I bought a wall mounted Hurricane fan from Amazon to move the heat to the other end and it works well. During the coldest part of winter I use about a bag per day. I live at 6K feet in the high desert of NM (5 miles from CO). Get an ash vacuum to make cleaning any of them easier.

What I like about the Pelpro is it has a 'thermostat' dial on the side. Basically it goes from 1 to 10, and once you determine the temperature a number represents in your particular house, you simply set the dial there. The stove will automatically light the fire and regulate the pellet feed rate to maintain that temperature. If it needs more heat it increases the feed rate; less heat it slows it down. Once it's at the lowest feed rate it stays there until the temp in your house gets too warm (based on the setting) then it automatically turns off. If it gets cool again, it relights and goes again. The fan is also on a VFD, so it changes speed based on the needed temp. I absolutely love this because I can 'set it and forget it' regardless of whether we are home or not. You can also 'lock' it on low or high setting if needed. For reference, leaving mine on '3' keeps my house at about 66 degrees. Setting '6' will keep it at about 73 or 74.

It also holds 3 bags of pellets so it can go a few days if you're out of town. The stove can run a few days without being cleaned. It doesn't have an ash pan, but using an ash vacuum makes cleaning pretty painless. The stove is made in the USA. I called their Tech Help department 3 times before buying the stove. Each time they were on the phone withing a few minutes, were American and spoke English, and were very helpful and friendly. I've used about 8 different brands of pellets and it's burned all of them without missing a lick.

Negatives? It's not the most beautiful stove in the world. The blower fan can be a bit loud when the stove is really cranking. If the house is quiet you can hear the auger motor cycle on/off when feeding pellets.

I liked the one in the house so much I bought one for my shop. I haven't had a single issue with either of them, and I like knowing I have extra parts if needed. There isn't much more I can say until I've had 5 or 6 years, but I'm a YUGE fan of this stove.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~