Originally Posted by Ringman
Recently my 10/22 would not fire every time so I took it all apart and cleaned everything and lubed it. It still wouldn't fired every time and I could not eject an unfired cartridge.

What is wrong with some gunsmiths. Yesterday I took it to a 'smith. I asked him to replace the firing pin spring with a new one and replace the hook that pulls the unfired cartridge from the chamber. I didn't think I needed to tell him it has a custom match chamber. He called me today and told me it was ready.

When I picked it up he told me the chamber was too tight so he reamed it out! Say what?! I told him I have fired hundreds if not thousands of rounds with it set up the way it was. He told me it was not right so he fixed it. I asked if he installed the new hook and spring. He told me they were fine and charged me $50. mad

Considering how f'ked up most of your gunsmithing is, he is likely right and you are wrong...again.

That "hook" is called an extractor.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.