Two years ago, we were setting up at dawn for a video taped hunt for a turkey call company. There were five of us in the group, with two in the field setting up decoys, three were moving gear, and getting ready for sun-up. It's early light, nobody is calling, and we are quiet, but not that quiet with all of the crap we are carrying.

We finished the set-up, and all of use were headed over the fence when a single tom came off the roost on the ridge, and landed just short of the decoys as we were climbing and handing guns across. No way he didn't see us coming in, and he wasn't especially spooked by our WHISPERED: "OH CRAP" "HAND ME A GUN..." "GET DOWN, YOU IDIOT"...

He watched us disappear for a few minutes, and gobbled at the set a couple times, and wandered off. I had him lazered at about 5 yards more than I wanted shoot, and he wouldn't come any closer.

Kinda to the point that other have said, he was coming to the field from the roost, and wasn't particularly dissuaded by the group of hunters in view when he did. The creek was behind us, he may have been headed for water and the cover of the creek bottom.

Last edited by AH64guy; 01/09/17.