I always wanted a second issue Woodsman Sport model like my ol' grandpappy had when I was a kid. Unfortunately, that pistol ended up in the possession of an uncle who is not a gun guy and not a supporter of the 2A. Worse, the gun had been refinished by Colt in the mid-80s and was in very nice shape when it got passed along. I saw the pistol again six or seven years ago. Neglect had really taken its toll on it.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago...I found one for sale at a decent price, and since I am not a collector (unless I am a "shooter collector") it looks well used which is perfect for my purposes because it's going to get carried around some and shot a bit.

The one thing that bugs me about this pistol...it SMELLS BAD. Well, it smells bad to me, because it smells like a freekin chem-toilet. The smell is not bad, I guess, unless you recognize it, it's kinda perfumy. Yes, I will dismantle it and clean everything up---and I am pretty sure that odor will go away, but I was wondering if anyone can tell me just what in hell it is that makes this gun smell like that? I really hate opening the safe and being reminded of a stinkin-ass chem-toilet. Is it some kind of lube that's gone rancid, or what??

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.