[Linked Image]

BobinNH on the Brown stock thread shamed me into pulling this NH Featherweight from storage. In this pic, was the first time it saw the light of day in quite a number of years.

It's 30-06, and was originally intended to be rebored into a 338-06. It was set up the way I wanted for testing, prior to the rebore. I then got side tracked with a 338rcm project, and never looked at this Featherweight again, until now.

[Linked Image]

Has fixed sights paired with LEU QD mounts and 2.5-8x scope.

[Linked Image]

Wonderful sight picture. Can swing on something small, like a squirrel or rabbit, busting through the woods. Very fast. Makes getting a sight picture on deer appear easy.

[Linked Image]

Scope has USMC mil-dot reticle from Premier Reticle, back when they did the custom work for Leupold.

So, here I am now looking at this thing, what to do? No longer interested in 338-06. Even if cut back to 20-inch, too thin to bore 9.3mm. Has 1-pc bottom, Williams extractor, lug and tang bedded, full float, and surpringly stiff for end for wood. Lost my notes, but memory was stock barrel shot around 1-1.5 moa 3-shot groups, if not allowed to heat too fast. That was without load development, so not sure I want to rebarrel. Did not add pillars at the time, as I had intended to restock, so that is a weak link now with the wood. As is, 7-pounds with sights and mounts less scope.

Thinking, if staying 30-06, may go ahead and drill out stock to pour pillars. Maybe see if I can get some sort of modern 150-grainer to shoot. If I like it, could always drop it in a light build stock, though not sure how much that would save over the factory FW.

Open for thoughts and suggestions, as I start muddling through this rifle.

Thanks in advance, for any input.

Later smile

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood