On Thursday (12/30) afternoon my son who is 4 asked me if I was going hunting tomorrow? I said yes I was. He asked if he could go with me? I told him of course you could go with me. I told him we were not taking the iPad this time and he said he didn’t need to take it. I gave him a high 5 and a sounds good! We got to the property the next afternoon around 3:45. There were already 3 does in the food plot when we got there. We got within 35 yards of them and watched them for 2-3 minutes then I decided we just needed to go on to the stand. They blew and ran off. Once we got settled in the stand he asked why they made that noise? I said they were warning other deer that danger was in the area. He asked me why they would do that. I told him we are deer hunting with a goal to kill one. That’s the reason they see us as danger. It’s an instinct that they are born with out here in the wild. Around 4:30 a doe and a yearling step out. I told him that momma doe was just a little too small for us to shoot. We want a big doe. They fed for a while and went back into the planted pines once they heard him talking. grin Around 5:00 2 little does stepped out into the plot. They kept looking into the planted pines and I told him I bet momma is close by. Sure enough about 5 minutes later I could see her. She was browsing in the pines about 20 yards in and looking the plot over. I told him once she came out I was going to shoot her. About 15 minutes later a yearling and big doe came out. Once the doe I had my eyes on saw them she made her way out. At that point I put the hearing protection on myself and my son. The prize doe started walking down the road that was between the plot and the planted pines. I asked if he was ready and he said yes. At this point he was like a rock and just staring at the big doe. I cocked the hammer back on my muzzle loader and took aim and when she stopped I pulled the trigger. She dropped in her tracks. I looked at him and he had the biggest grin on his face and said she dropped in her tracks! We gave each other a high five and I told him we got her! He was excited to get down so I packed everything up and we went to retrieve her. This was by far the best hunt I’ve had in many years. It was only a doe but a hunt I’ll never forget.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You ain't about that life.