Hi Guys -
Going to be going on a fly-in Caribou hunt in Alaska with my Dad in September. The hunt is through 40-mile air and is DIY once you hit the hunting grounds, and you need to provide your own gear. Hunting grounds are units 20B/E in the Yukon Charley Rivers area north of the 40-mile river. This is where I have a few questions for the fire members that have done back country camping hunts before (both dad and I hunt extensively, and have done some camping, but never combining the two). So, here goes.

1. Tent. 40MA stipulates that no wall tents are allowed, so I was thinking of something along the lines of a Cabelas 4-person Alaskan Guide Geodesic tent. Any advice anyone could give here would be appreciated.

2. Sleeping bag...I have no idea here, other than that the old Coleman cotton/fleece one I have today probably ain't gonna cut it.

3. Pack. I own a Cabelas Alaskan I frame pack that I have used for many years that I really like. Would this be sufficient for my hunt?

4. Food/Water/stove. Do people typically collect and boil, or collect and run through one of those filtering devices? Also, my initial thought was to not pack a stove, and pack MREs for food, but someone had mentioned that a stove is useful for heating in cold temperatures, so is a stove needed, and if so, what kind?

5. Shooting sticks. What can people recommend that they have used? I'd like something that can double as a hiking stick.

6. What do people run for footwear? I have a couple of pairs of Rocky hunting boots as well as a pair of Instinct knee highs, but I have used neither in the type of terrain we will be hunting.

7. Rainwear. From what I understand of AK weather, there is a very high likelihood we will encounter rain on at least one of the days we are hunting. My current camo rainwear, which is nylon, isn't going to cut it because it does not breathe. Any recommendations here?

8. Game processing. Should luck be on our side, and we get some Caribou, I had planned on having the following in addition to knives, saws, etc.
Meat bags
Salt
Citric Acid spray for meat.
anything else I may be missing here?

9. Anything else anyone can think of or any tips or tricks will also be greatly appreciated.

thanks much
Northerner