Originally Posted by wyoming260
I am not a trained police officer, but why does every police shooting involve many shots all in the torso. Jerry was an old drunk barely standing on his own. I will paraphrase Ron White , Jerry might have been told to drop the knife but not the ability to do so. Just because he is not able to understand instructions, he should be killed. Does anyone remember the video of the guy sitting with a gun in his hand and some cop sniper shot it out of his hand....
I think old Jerry was close enough for someone of limited abilities to hit an arm , leg or something. It's one thing the cops shot him, its another they need a 6 shells to make 4 hits in close range......Do cops practice with their carry guns anymore.
Like I said, I am not a trained LEO , but I would think I could hit Jerry with one shot where he was fully aware he needed to drop the knife and start listening to instructions.

You may be on to something. How cool would it be to start shooting at some doods hand from 40 yards away, with a handgun, as he approached? Maybe even cooler than bowling pins...

Of course, we'd have to get rid of that "fear" bullshit.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.