I did go on and order a pair of the Cabelas duratraxx they have on sale. I have had deer hit my trail and spook recently was the reason I asked. I had wandered into a new stand at dark through some brush and probably didnt take the best route in. The deer fed through the flat and one of the deer I couldn't see spooked, so all the rest of them spooked. The only thing I can figure is that one of them hit my trail I walked in on. Also 5 years or so ago I had a pair of cabelas rubber boots I had purchased for waterfowl. I wore them to my deer stand one day and walked right in to my stand like I always did. A while later a few does came by and when they hit the path I walked in on they stopped. They freaked out but didnt run, they walked up and down the scent trail but wouldn't cross it. Finally, they just turned and went back where they came from. I agree with the playing the wind, but a lot of times where I hunt it is swirling, the deer come from all different directions, whatever. I try to do whatever I can to get that deer as close as I can. 10 yards could be the difference in seeing the trophy of a lifetime or it slipping away without you knowing it was ever there.