Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by boatboy
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Deflave: What you are NOT considering in your contention is that its NOT just the strapping of a pistol to a duty belt!
Then once its strapped there you have to live, work, sit in a car, sit in witness chairs, run with it, fight with it, swim with it, wrestle people with it, draw it from the holster as quick as possible etc etc etc.
I did the above for 3 decades - so's I know!
I switched (at my own personal expense by the way) from a 4" barreled pistol to a 6" barreled pistol - that switch lasted about a year.
I even tried carrying that 6" barreled pistol "cross-draw" for a while.
I went back to the shorter "sight-radiused" pistol and was happy I did.
You would not think 2" in length and a few ounces more would make a difference enough so's one would go back to the shorter barrel length but for me it did.
As well as some of my cohorts.
Indeed the weight and longer sight radius of the longer barreled pistols made a slight difference in qualifying scores for me and others but often it was not worth the "hassles".
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Never considered that.

Thank you for sharing your experience as a LEO.

Dave

Varmint Guy
Congrats the first guy not to get a GFY

Hank

Oh, he got a GFY - in spades - but would need someone to draw him a picture to explain how.

Yep! laugh

That one left contrails...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...