Just thinking out loud here so don’t hold me to hard empirical evidence.

The old single shot rifles and shotguns, H&R etc., were often as not behind the door or behind the seat guns for farmers and ranchers, kept for whatever occasional use one might have for such. My friend’s grandmother “Big Ma” in Alabama had one in 12 gauge for snakes or critters around the henhouse, brand unknown but it kicked like a freakin’ mule, my uncle on the old family farm in NC had a .410 snake charmer variation for much the same reason. I don’t know what’s behind the door of farmhouses and ranches today but I would suspect those old single shots may have been gradually replaced with RAR’s or something like that – I could certainly be wrong.

Anyway, point being that with fewer small farms and ranches around and with other inexpensive utilitarian options available, this Henry is going to have to sell to a more looney market. I think they see this since they put a checkered walnut stock on it instead of plain hardwood. But given that market the make or break on this will be the accuracy, trigger, ease of switching barrels and such. At the circa $300 price point I hope they can manage to pull that off.

I do wish them success in this.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!