Originally Posted by huntsonora
So I contacted Remington a week ago and finally got an email on Monday. I responded with all the information they requested and didn't hear anything Monday or Tuesday so I called today and after two transfers and a long hold I was told to send it in and they'd look at it. I asked how long the repair might take and they said "6 weeks".

The guy told he he'd send the info to send it which I promptly received but there was no shipping label. In order to get Remington to fix a **cked up brand new rifle they want to to ship it on my dime. F em. I'll have it fixed myself

In 1997 I bought a Remington 700 KS in 7 rem mag. It was my first custom shop remington and I loved the way it felt. I took it to the range and could not get a shell to extract after firing it . I had to hit the bolt handle with my palm to extract a round, thinking it might have been a defective round I repeated the operation and it still did not work. I took it to the LGS where I bought it and they would not take it back since it was fired. I called Remington and sent it back , their "custom" shop had it for 4 months. That was the last custom shop Remington I bought new .