Originally Posted by outhuntin
try this again. i joined the site for this very reason. I have a mauser in 45/70. been trying to figure its value and what it precisley is . im not mauser savy nor is it that anywhere ive taken it anybody knows mauser markings. I am willing to sell it but havnt because i new it was unusual caliber for a mauser action. if i can get a couple ppl telling me a fair price on it i would sell it. i can text you photos, dont know how to post them. thanx

I can understand not posting a photo. What I dont understand is your lack of details. Nothing???

The gun has markings. What are ALL THE MARKINGS. Then someone will tell you what it is and you can google and no doubt find some auctions on the internet. Its not that hard.

You might also describe the stock, barrel length, mechanical condition if you can determine, fit, finish or wear over all, iron sights, has it been drilled for a scope?, type of butt plate, grade of wood if restocked. ZERO, that is all you can provide.

Pricing guns is something of an art in itself. At best you get will get a range like 500 to 1000 depending too many factors to list.