honestly, if Hillary was elected and the spook community was leaking damaging information about her in an attempt to undermine her presidency would we be concerned about the crumbling of democracy and our intelligence community carrying out its own agenda regardless of what the presidents policies were?

I would be so pissed that Hillary was president and she was moving forward with her liberal hawkish agenda I can't say that I'd be concerned about the intelligence community going rogue.

That's wrong on my part, but that's how I'd feel, so in that framework, I'm pissed they are trying to undermine Trump but I'm trying to avoid being hypocritical in condemning those that are supporting this.

The other side of this is - Trump and much of his cabinet aren't seasoned beltline wonks. I expect chaos and missteps from many of them in the first few months as they learn how this goes. I expect headbutting and I guess realistically some people either being fired or moving on from frustration. He's trying to move mountains here with an inexperienced team and a whole village fighting every move he makes.

Flynn isn't a new guy to Washington politics though - so I guess he can't get the same benefit of the doubt as the new staff.

Last edited by KFWA; 02/15/17.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings