Picked up a used Ruger American Ranch rifle the other day in .300 BLK. I've been interested in this round to play with, but I hate chasing brass with an AR so when I found this one I thought why not. I felt like I got a pretty good deal for the whole package with 148 rounds of ammunition, it was less than I could purchase the rifle for new with the Nikon P300 scope. Not too fond of the CMMG SV brake, but I have plans for a suppressor.

First groups with the factory 120 grain ammunition was promising. The 220 grain subsonic ammo didn't shoot as well, but it was well enough that I had no problems hitting 4X3 diamonds at 100 yards off the bipod. Going to take it out today and test the BDC reticle of the Nikon scope and see how it does.

[Linked Image]

First group a little to the left, but I can live with it.

[Linked Image]

I have to use supersonic ammunition to stay legal in CO, but I'm thinking I might have to try it out of state on some Whitetails and Hogs one of these days. Absolutely no recoil worth mentioning from this rifle, and even with the brake it's a lot quieter than I expected. Anyone else playing with one of these rifles?