Welcome to the Fire Jack. There is lots of great knowledge represented by the members here.

I have a Blaser R 93. Mine has just nice walnut on it kind of like you would find on an older Marlin. Not fancy. It has two barrels, one in 300 Winchester Mag and the the other in 264 Winchester. I got the 300 with the rifle and added the 264 later. Of course they take the same bolt head and each barrel comes with a magazine to fit.

Each barrel is capable of 1 inch three shot groups if the shooter does his part. That is with any factory ammunition that I have tried. I can't speak to other rifles, but this one is good to go. I haven't noticed recoil being any more than anything else in these calibers, so would not consider it to be an issue.

The function of the rifle takes a little getting accustomed to since the bolt won't lift and the safety cocks the rifle. Each of these features, while different, are nice in the field. The rifle is absolutely safe when the safety is on, as it isn't even cocked. The bolt is very fast to cycle from the shoulder. Much faster than a regular turn bolt type of rifle and very slick. Not one feeding problem to date.

Another feature is the overall length of the rifle is reduced because of the shortness of the action. Very handy in a tree stand or thick woods.

The only change I have made on my rifle is to replace the aluminum sideplates with sideplates made of Snakewood. No problems, I just like the looks better.

While they are pricey, if you look around you might luck up and get a bargain. I did.